I am very honoured to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by my friend and fellow blogger at Sowninpeace. Please check out the wonderful work she does for a great cause. This award is given to ‘up and coming’ bloggers (with 200 or less followers) to give recognition and encouragement for their blogging efforts. I think the award originated in Germany and the word “liebster” means “dearest” in English. So here goes, I hope I manage this correctly. First I have to give 11 random facts about myself:
. When I was a little girl I wanted to be an ice skater or ride a horse in the circus – neither of these came true!
. Growing up, I always wanted to have two little boys one day – this wish did come true!
. I love an afternoon nap – I think its highly under-rated!
. I would love to learn Spanish one day.
. I love Thai and Indian curries
. People think I’m very calm and in control (they don’t know the half of it)!
. People generally think I know what I’m doing …. I don’t!
. I used to love ski-ing but my knees can’t take it any more unfortunately.
. I love the smell of newly cut privet hedge and freshly ground coffee.
. I love a really gooey chocolate cake
. I love random acts of kindness.
Now to answer the 11 questions set by my nominator sowninpeace:
1. what colour is you hair naturally
Brownish/greyish but probably more greyish now than brownish.
2. what is the one appliance you NEVER use but still own
A pasta maker – I got it for a wedding present 19 years ago and I am going to get round to using it one day, I promise!
3. what cd is in your player
I haven’t checked but its bound to be a Neil Young because thats all my husband listens to!
4. Snow or no snow….
Snow but a bit unlikely in Melbourne!
5. What is the one appliance you couldnt do without
6. What your fav beverage other than coffee/tea
Well if champagne counts as a beverage….
7. do you have a Disney item other in your house now name it
A stuffed Piglet from Winnie the Pooh
8. What book are you reading e books count
Sister by Rosamund Lupton
9. What is on your fridge door
A whole lot of stuff and about 3000 words for making up silly lines like: “explode the funk fish” and “memories flood toilet” well there are teenage boys in the house what do you expect?
10. Name five items that are in the junk drawer – everyones got one some place….
A glass bead, giant paper clip, felt furniture pad, piece of k’nex and a kids’ book bonus card from 2003!
11. What holiday tradtion are you looking forward to this year….
Christmas with our friends who are also from Uk and don’t have family in Australia. We take it in turns to cook dinner and celebrate together and our children have grown up together. We have turkey, Christmas pudding and then all collapse to watch a movie and later play a few games.
Now its my turn to nominate 11 blogs for the Liebster Award and here they are:
Should you choose to accept the award please do as I have and mention who nominated you with a link to this blog, give 11 facts about yourself followed by answering the 11 questions I will give you, then nominate 11 bloggers you admire (with 200 or less followers) and ask them 11 questions of your own. Here are my 11 questions to you:
1. Who would you most like to meet (living or dead)?
2. Do you have a craft that you would like to tackle one day?
3. What did you last see at the movies?
4. Favourite book?
5. Early bird or night owl?
6. Three words that best describe you
7. What do you most like about blogging?
8. What makes you laugh?
9. If you could come back as an animal, what would it be?
10. Your most embarrassing fashion statement
11. Where in the world would you most like to visit?
Well its been fun – I hope my nominees accept the challenge and don’t find it too arduous!